Baby Clothing Guide: Which type of clothes is best for Babies?
Baby Clothing is a topic you will usually see on the internet, and if you're first-time parents, you tend to join the Child Care community to get suggestions. So, how many types of clothes do a child need? And what type of clothes is best for Babies? We will go through a list of basic things a baby needs and decide the best option for our babies!
Before you start
Before we dive into any further discussion, we need to know how many criteria we need to put on the table to evaluate. We recommend it's best to keep in your mind such criteria below:
- Put the comfort & safety of your child first: Have you ever heard about SIDS? The Sudden Infant Death Syndrome can be caused by overheating, changes in weather conditions, living environment... In particular, be sure not to cover your child with a blanket while it sleeps at home.
- The quality & type of fabrics: Don't forget about the materials. This is especially important for cold seasons. For summer, most outfits are offered in linen, cotton, and other light materials. Be sure to have the first-layer items of natural fabrics.
- Mind your laundry habits: It is important to remember that you need special hypoallergenic washing liquid and a double-rinsing mode for your newborn laundry. Check the reaction of the skin after the first laundry.
- Estimate your child's growth stages: It's essential to estimate your child's growth stages because your baby will grow bigger and the current clothes aren't fit he/her. Buying one to two sizes bigger is the most efficient & money-saving way.
→ Visit Ziror Online Toys Store
List of basic things that a baby will need
- Bodysuits or rompers: We recommend you have at least 7 pieces, these are irreplaceable items among newborn clothing essentials. The neck hole should be wide enough to not bother your child while dressing them. There should be snaps at the bottom. In such a way you will change a diaper without undressing your child completely.
- Long-sleeve bodysuits for cold seasons: The quantity will depend on the season. In the winter, they will be the first layer so ensure that your child's skin does not contact directly with wool or synthetic materials.
- Sleepers or Footies: The standard number of sleepers or footies you should have in closet is 4. These accessories can be worn as an alternative to Bodysuits.
- Pants: It's best to get around 3 to 5 pieces, depending on the season. It's also optional to get your babies 2 pairs of gloves or mittens in case their hands get cold.
- Hats: 2 light pieces (beanie-style hat) and 1 warm (Fleece Beanie) for cold seasons. Children can easily get overheated, so take hats off to avoid sweating.
- Socks: 5 pairs of socks sound great to every baby! If you have chosen pants with footies, you can avoid putting socks on.
Decide what's best for the children
The list above gives us an image of the basic clothing a baby needs in their closet. And there is one type of clothing that stands out in comparison with others is Bodysuits/Rompers or it's widely called Onesies. Using Baby Onesies will reduce the job you need to take action on while changing diapers and keep the baby playing in comfort all day. And most of the beginning years, Onesies can be used for babies up to 3 years old. Besides, some babies love wearing Onesies till they get 4 or 5 years old.
→ Visit Ziror Online Toys Store
In conclusion, this blog is our recommendation for Baby/Newborn Clothing needs, you could find it as a source of information to prepare the best living conditions for your babies' growth!
Time is the only matter for your little genius to shine bright!